Call for posters and presentations
The first round of submissions for Encuentros 2015 is complete!
- If you sent you abstract by May 8th: You will be notified by May 15th.
- If you want to present you work at Encuentros2015, but did not make the May 8th deadline: You can send your proposal until June 29th. The earlier you do so, the earlier you will be notified (within one week).
New deadline for submission of abstracts
The call for posters and presentations has been extended to June 29th. After submission of your abstract you will be notified within a week about acceptance. Thus, the earlier you submit your abstract, the sooner you know whether you are accepted for a poster presentation or oral Pecha Kucha presentation. Acceptance for Pecha Kucha is based on the available room in the program (and the content of your abstract). First come, first served.
Note that June 8th is the day the early bird registration closes.»
Interested in presenting your work at Encuentros?
Encuentros ChileGlobal 2015 will include a poster session for participants to present their own work. A limited number of submissions will also be selected for Pecha Kucha presentations scheduled within one of the specific thematic sessions or the Talent Fair.
How to apply?
When you are interested in presenting your work, you can submit an abstract via EasyChair following this link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=encuentros2015.
Please add your abstract as a file in PDF format with a file name containing your last name.
When you want apply for a Pecha Kucha presentation, write “To be considered for Pecha Kucha” in the abstract field in the submission form.
The deadline for submitting your abstract is June 29th, 2015.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Additional specifications for the abstract:
- It should be written in English and between 200 and 250 words.
- The name of the file should include the last name of the author(s). For example “Navarrete_Ciencias_de_la_vida.pdf”.
- The abstract should include a title (of maximum 18 words), name, position and institutional affiliation of the author(s), corresponding email address(es), field of research /application of the work.
- 3 keywords
- Authors are not required to be Chilean.
- Given the interdisciplinary nature of the conference, there is no limitation in terms of the professional and academic fields of the presenters.
If you would like your proposal to be considered for a Pecha Kucha presentation:
- Write “To be considered for PechaKucha” in the abstract field of the submission form in Easychair, as well as in the very first line of your proposal.
- Make sure that your abstract clearly explains the relevance of your presentation for the theme of the conference.
- Keep in mind that proposals selected for PechaKucha will not be allocated a poster space (so you need to choose one or the other).
What will happen after you submit?
- Acceptance notifications will be sent within a week after you submit the abstract, and will specify whether a proposal has been scheduled for the poster session or a PechaKucha presentation.
- For the final acceptance of the poster or Pecha Kucha and publication in the abstract book it is indispensable that the author(s) who will present has/have already paid the fees to participate in the conference.
- The standard poster size will be A1 (59.4 * 84.1 cms.) and it should have a portrait (i.e., vertical) orientation.
- You will have an opportunity to revise your abstract before it is included in the digital book of abstracts of the conference.
If you have any questions about the abstract submission, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.